Courses - Intermediate Bushcraft Weekend
The Green School Intermediate Bushcraft course is designed to build on your existing skills, deepening your knowledge in all areas, and further increase your confidence in being outdoors.
This course will get you to establish and strenghten your skill-set in every area outdoors, with the focus very much on getting each student to extend their skills through completion of practical sessions and exercises. You will get to know your tools, equipment and self well on this course. Our instructors are on-hand at every step to guide, encourage and support you as you learn, but we will be more "in the back-ground" than we were on the Basic Bushcraft Course. As with all our courses our emphasis is on having fun and enjoying yourself, so please don't come expecting a "boot camp" approach. As always, there is a strong focus on safety, teaching students the the most effective, straight-forward ways to many achieve tasks, as very often we have found these to be the best in situations where "the chips are down"!
Some of the topics that we will cover will include:-
- Having the right mental attitude
- Choosing your equipment wisely
- Fire lighting without matches or firesteel
- Preparing tinder and laying your fire
- Managing your fire
- Cooking for yourself on an open fire
- Safe use of a cutting tools
- Care and maintenance of your cutting tools
- Shelter design - establishing your needs
- Shelter building on your own - practical session
- Setting up camp & managing yourself outdoors
- Safe collection and purification of water
- Simple knots and lashings
- Tree & Plant ID walk
Bookings from groups (up to 15 in number) are welcome.
Please Note: Unless otherwise stated this course is entirely self catering, although we will provide all the tea, coffee, hot chocolate and bannock making ingredients! You will need food enough to last you for 2 full days (i.e. 2x 24 hours). If you are unsure please contact us.